Wednesday, July 30, 2008

VS019...from Heathrow to SFO

That was our flight. It seemed shorter to me than the flight going over - Kristin thought it seemed longer. The fact that I slept for a bit and she didn't - well, that might have something to do with our perceptions!

If you're me, there's never a time that's not a possible 'Kodak moment.' The plane ride was no exception. Larissa wanted me to erase the photo of her standing, waiting for the restroom, but her friends agreed we should keep it. You'll see her holding her fingers across her eyes. Did she really think I'd go away? lolA little background on this photo... Emily had been diligently collecting pins for her lanyard through the entire trip. Besides memories, it was also pretty pricey. Well, going through security at Heathrow, we had to remove the lanyards since they set off the buzzer. Emily had put hers in the basket...but after they all came through, she realized her lanyard was missing. We asked, they said they hadn't seen it. I assume the family in front mistakenly picked it up. Anyway, Emily was SICK...I was sick for her. But she kept going, trying to not let it get her down. We got situated in the waiting area - crowded...lots of stores...VERY crowded - and Emily and Cyprien took off to look around while we passed the time. After about 20 minutes, one of the ladies we had talked to at the security, came walking up holding Emily's lanyard. She didn't say how it had been returned, I didn't ask. I can't remember who it was, (Lauren?) but they took off with the lanyard to find Emily. This photo was taken after that!

Tommy O'Brien, our beloved Irish coach driver, would have been proud. At one point as we were probably an hour or so from SFO, our wonderful delegates, your wonderful children, broke out into our song. They, no WE, sang it all the way through, erupting in loud applause when we finished. Ah...like I said, Tommy would be proud.

Parents, it was so awesome having all of you standing there to greet us as we came out of customs...the snapshots, the cheers, the clapping!

Home sweet home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping the updates coming especially the photo albums you add to the days where you could not add while on the trip.

The stories are great as usual. As I talk to those about the DVD I want to put together for the kids I remind them to recheck this site once in a while to see if you have had a chance to put anything else up. Everyone is still checking when they can.

Keep as many updates coming as time permits. Thanks again for everything.

Tom (J & N's dad)

Anonymous said...

An Xbox Live membership allows you to take benefit from all the
contents on the Xbox website in addition to your gaming console.
All you have to do is signup and you can get your Free XBox Live
just by completing a fewsurveys. Another way to earn free Xbox codes is by
competing in the competitions that are held up by Microsoft.



Feel free to visit my website :: free xbox live codes

Anonymous said...

How could you get started on the method to learning guitar without anybody's support. But that started me on the path from which I have never turned back. The notes in this first scale are E, G, A, B, and D.

my blog post :: how to play the guitar for beginners