Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A magical day

A magical day... that's what today was.

We started the day by going to the beautiful town of Kilarney. There, we boarded boats and for 1 1/2 hours we cruised through the 3 lakes and a river. This has got to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I was on a boat with Briana, Miles, Raymond, Quinn, Matt S., Alex C., Tyler, and Nate. Unfortunately/fortunately for these souls, I took over 100 photos just on the boat ride. We went under one bridge that was over 200 years old and one that was about 500 years old. All I can say, is it was magical... I think all the delegates felt the same way. There's not a lot I can say, but wait until we get home and I post all the photos... then you'll understand what I'm saying.BubbleShare: Share photos - Create and Share Crafts


After we docked, we ate lunch at a little cafe, then in groups of 4, we loaded horse-drawn jaunty's... little carts pulled by horses. We went 7 miles ... again, it was simply magical. Total for these two activities... 320 photos! The horse for my cart was Scooby-doo... Scooby is 10 years old and does one trip per day. Actually, we rode probably 2 or 3 miles, then walked for at least 2 miles - UPHILL - so the horse didn't have to pull us - then we rode again.BubbleShare: Share photos - Create and Share Crafts


An ice cream shop awaited us at the end of the journey.

From there we went up to where we had a sweet view of the lakes of Kilarney... and then down to a store to do a little shopping. Then back to the hotel.

Tonight, 10 of us went to a Gaelic play... all sung in the Gaelic language. It had a lot of Irish dancing... and singing.. and was the story of immigration on a local island. Those of us who went, absolutely loved it. Mr. O'Brien, our coach driver, had told us about it. There was quite a bit of free time tonight, so the offer was made if anyone wanted to go. It was awesome.

So tomorrow we're off for our next destination. I have no idea what the internet situation will be, so hopefully, I'll be able to post.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Susan Strebe said...

Hi Judy,
Thank you for your wonderful daily accounts of the trip. I'm sure I'm not the only parent to vicariously follow along as I watch for your reports as they arrive "hot off the press!"

Matthew says that Killarney is the most beautiful place he has even seen. He wants to return next summer.
Again, thank you for taking such good care of our beloved children. Susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Judy,

Like Susan Strebe said, "they are our beloved.", and Kris is mine and MaryAnn's. As always, blessings to you all & all of the young adults with you. Sure do appriciate the updates. Have fun( or should I say more fun).
Bob N.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy and all,
Thanks again for journey you are taking us along on. Our household also waits with anticipation for each days blog. We are sure Adam is having a fabulous time.

Judy said...

Thank you all for your comments! I love updating this so you can know what's going on. As soon as we get home, I'll post each days photos with that day's post.

And Susan... I agree with Matthew, who happens to be hot and sweaty at the minute in a game of Gaelic football... that Killarney has got to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet!

Anonymous said...

Dear Judy,
We greatly appreciate all that you are doing!
I've also emailed Tyler via Alex, but I would like to get a message to Tyler that I've reloaded his Visa Buxx card. I was not sure if he got a running balance with each transaction...
Thank you so much!
Kathy Madsen