Friday, July 11, 2008

Stonehenge Rocks!

That apparently is what is written on a shirt some of the delegates bought at Stonehenge. Unfortunately for me...I didn't have time to go to the gift shop.

We left London after breakfast and headed to Stonehenge. BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
Heading to Stonehenge from London

I had heard that it would be a disappointment - well, I wish I could remember who told me because it was awesome! My only disappointment was that we weren't there longer. Quinn just told me about 10 minutes ago that Stonehenge has been his favorite part of the trip so far. We had an audio tour that we could listen to at the pace we wanted. It's also in a beautiful area of England...gorgeous countryside.BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.
Stonehenge! No disappointment here for me.

Next stop was Bath... Wow! What a city...the architecture is gorgeous and it's all set in the rolling countryside. We went to the Roman Baths which was also incredible. Apparently there was a house built on that spot and the people kept having water seeping in...so when they (I'm not sure who "they" are...) checked it out, that's when these baths were discovered and they began excavating. We had an audio tour with that too. I think all of us like the audios because you can go at your own pace...relistening to something or skipping a part that's not interesting to you.

After the tour, we had free time - about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to roam the town. Jane Austen's home - or one of them - is there. I'm not sure how many went to see that. Again...the architecture, the shops.... We had some girls who were able to get some shopping out of their blood! Actually, some of our guys did their fair share too!BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

These photos above are driving from Stonehenge to Bath...and then all around Bath.
After Bath, we headed to Wales where we are now. We had about 45 minutes once we got here to unwind, do some laundry, shower...whatever - until our 7 p.m. dinner. The kids INHALED lasagne... now they're all spread out around the hotel playing cards, Catch-Phrase, and just hanging out visiting.BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

Driving from Bath, England...to Wales!

I wish I could post photos for you, but I don't have my cable, plus, I don't know how when it's not my computer with the program I have. HOWEVER, when we return, this will be updated with LOTS of photos!

Even though I know I'm repeating myself...I'll say it again - these kids are incredible!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy,
You're blog updates make my day!
Thanks so much!
Kathy Madsen (Tyler)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the updates! It is really fun to hear what you are doing on a daily basis...you all sure keep busy! Glad the trip is going well and it sounds like everyone is having fun :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, Judy Lenn.....I envy you the architecture, the history, Stonehenge.....yer buddy is definitely there in spirit. Can't wait to see the photos!!! Rock on, my friend. Looking forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the updates, Judy!
It's great to hear about all the adventures!!

Anonymous said...

The updates are great and wonderful to read. I keep checking all day to see if you've posted.
Sam & Judi Layne (Jimmy)